Re: [egit-dev] any update on JGit @ Eclipse ?

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wasn't the suggested solution to have JGit under the EDL?

Its already under the EDL.

s/Git Development Community/Eclipse Foundation/ in the current
copyright notice, and its the EDL.

The problem is the Eclipse Foundation has never done *pure* EDL
before.  All current projects not under the EPL are under a dual
EDL/EPL or APLv2/EPL (only Jetty uses this) license.

The current legal opinion is that JGit can't be relicensed under a
dual EDL/EPL license as not all copyright holders consent to having
the code relicensed under EPL.  Replacing that code is non-trivial,
its a very large chunk of JGit; perhaps more than 40%.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top