From:        Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        ee4j-pmc PMC List <ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        04/22/2021 11:53
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [ee4j-pmc] Moving the jsonp implementation project to a different namespace/groupId
Sent by:        "ee4j-pmc" <ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi PMC,

   We would like to change package namespace and project groupId for
the Jakarta JSON Processing implementation project. Our intent is to:

* change implementation package name from org.glassfish.json to
org.eclipse.jsonp
* change project's groupId from org.glassfish to org.eclipse.jsonp

Motivation: allow co-existence of old javax based and new jakarta based
implementations within the same instance of JVM.

The PR is:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jsonp/pull/283

Questions:
1) Do we need any sort of review for this change to be OK?
2) Are we allowed to use "org.eclipse.jsonp" maven groupId and package
namespace?

thanks,
--lukas