Re: [ee4j-pmc] Migration to Jakarta installation of Nexus

I thought that all I would need to do to use the new Nexus was to change my
project to use the new parent pom with the new profile configurations and then
poof! it would all work just like before.

That appears to not be the case.

Previously I could deploy to the staging repository without specifying any
special profile; the default deployed to the OSSRH staging repository.  But now
I want to deploy to the Jakarta Nexus staging repository, so all deployment
operations need to specify "-Pstaging" to get the configuration for the new
repository.  And of course that means I can only deploy projects that have been
updated to use the new parent pom.  (There's probably a way to deploy an older
project without updating it, but I'll let someone else figure that out.)

I figured this out the hard way.  I sure wish someone had written this down.

What are the other changes I'm going to need to make?  In particular, how
exactly should I release staged artifacts and promote them to final?  Do I just
use -Pstaging along with nexus-staging:rc-release?

Back to the top