Re: [ee4j-pmc] Jakarta EE releases in Maven Central

For the two I own, it was definitely on purpose.

Christian Kaltepoth wrote on 11/07/2018 08:58 PM:
A somehow related question: It looks like there are also some SNAPSHOT versions deployed to the staging repository.

Is this intended? Not sure if it is a problem, I just wanted to mention it. :-)

Christian

Am Mi., 7. Nov. 2018 um 15:15 Uhr schrieb Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx>:
These module definitions should be going into Master, not your ee4j_8 branches.  The EE4J_8 branch should still be consistent with the Java EE 8 definitions and specs, and JPMS modules were not defined for that environment.  This Module information is for going forward post Java EE 8.

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Java EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

From:        Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        EE4J PMC Discussions <ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        11/07/2018 06:39 AM
Subject:        Re: [ee4j-pmc] Jakarta EE releases in Maven Central
Sent by:        ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Ivar,

So that is a recent decision? because in the servlet-api we were told the opposite?
So currently our master branch has java.servlet,

Ah, I just found https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/ee4j/issues/34.  OK we will update.

thanks

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 at 13:21, Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Greg,

It is the PMCs intention that future releases of the Jakarta EE specifications will have module names specified as `jakarta.*`.

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/ee4j/issues/34

Ivar