Re: [ee4j-pmc] Jakarta EE releases in Maven Central

Hi,

On 11/2/18 3:04 PM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
My vote is to leave it as is...  If we attempt to clean up Maven, it will just confuse people and possible get worse... Let's just assume the reviews will go through with flying colors...  :-)

I believe the voting should happen based on knowing what is wrong or at least not completely correct in these jars and what possible impact of those mistakes can be. I believe some of the issues I can see are minor things and everybody can live with them eventually but I don't feel to be competent to do such decision especially when it comes to wrong license file or possibly copyrights - IANAL and prefer to stay on the safe side, so here is what I spotted:

jakarta.annotation-api has following entries in the manifest:
Specification-Vendor: Oracle Corporation
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.glassfish
Implementation-Vendor: Eclipse Foundation

-> it was decided that the recommendation for APIs jars is to have spec-vendor set to eclipse-project-name and impl related entries removed

meta-inf/license.txt contains wrong content (is: cddl, should be epl)

javadoc has possibly wrong copyright in the footer + link to non-existing license-terms:
<![CDATA[Copyright &#169; 1999-2017,
    and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
    Use is subject to
]]>

jakarta.ejb-api - manifest:
Specification-Vendor: Oracle Corporation

javadoc has possibly wrong copyright in the footer + link to non-existing license-terms:
<![CDATA[Copyright &#169; 1996-2013,
    and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
    Use is subject to
]]>

jakarta.persistence-api:
license file is in the root of the jar in html format, not under META-INF/license.md but the text it contains is correct (EPL2/EDL1)
obsolete about/readme html files in the root of the jar

manifest:
OSGi version of API packages it exports is '2.2.99', should be '2.2.1'
Specification-Vendor: Oracle Corporation

javadoc says: "Copyright © 2017–2018 Eclipse Foundation. All rights reserved." and that is correct I hope.

thanks,
--lukas

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Java EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinwsutter