Re: [ee4j-pmc] Jakarta EE releases in Maven Central

Lukas Jungmann wrote on 11/02/2018 11:15 AM:
> On 11/2/18 6:32 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:
>> Until we have Jakarta EE versions of all these specifications, the specification
>> vendor is still Oracle since these artifacts are conforming to the existing JCP
>> specifications.
>
> This sounds logical to me. OTOH implication is the opposite of what has been
> said in https://www.eclipse.org/lists/ee4j-build/msg00440.html
>
> So I'm confused now... Luckily there seems to be only 2 options to choose from.

That message doesn't talk about the specification at all.  It's fine to
change the implementation vendor to Eclipse.

>> And I don't believe Oracle has assigned copyright in the javadocs to the
>> Eclipse Foundation so the copyright for the javadocs should reflect the
>> copyright owners of the corresponding source files, predominantly Oracle.
>
> maven's javadoc plugin defaults to:
>
> Copyright © {inceptionYear}–{currentYear} {organizationName}. All
> rights reserved.
>
> organizationName defaults to Eclipse Foundation, inceptionYear to 2017 and
> currentYear to 2018 if inherited from parent and not overridden.
>
> Based on what you've said, it should be overriden to:
> Copyright © originalYear–{currentYear} Oracle. All rights reserved.
>
> Right? Anyway, one more item to check while double-checking EE4J_8 branches
> before passing them to jenkins...

I think that's a function of how you configure the Maven javadoc plugin.
But yes, at this point, I think the copyright owner should be Oracle, and
possibly others who have contributed.

Back to the top