Re: [ee4j-pmc] git tags naming convention?

The statement

The PMC's role of "oversight" is to guarantee all subprojects stick to the EDP rules.

Is not the only role of the PMC. The top level PMC has 3 roles of which that statement is 1. The second is “leadership for the projects that fall under their top level project” and the third is “maintaining the top level charter”

The appropriate statement in the charter here is

“EE4J establishes commonality between its constituent projects by defining an integrated set of standards using common processes and common compatibility requirements.   EE4J provides compatibility for existing and new users by providing compatibility across Java EE 8 and EE4J versions.”

So yes this is within the role of the PMC.

Steve