Re: [ee4j-pmc] Messaging for CodeOne/EclipseCon

Hello everyone,

Coming back to this and thank you Arjan, Markus and Werner for responding.  The first theme I heard very loudly is "more CDI" and general desire to work on CDI alignment, which is fantastic.  The second one is Edge Computing, which was mentioned, but without any examples to reference.

I'd love to tease these out in greater detail, enable more people to get excited about them and see if we can't enable people to write articles that show "early glimpses" of potential Jakarta EE themes and help us rally the troops for these causes.

I've created a document where everyone can contribute.  It's an interview style so people can potentially reuse the material in articles to further support Jakarta EE.  The goal is not commitments, but to get people excited, help bring people in to contribute and add more community muscle to dreams.  If you want people to come help you get something done, use this to write to them and motivate them.

In addition to the two themes of CDI and Cloud/Edge, I've added JVM Language feature impact and an open-ended question to cover any topics not in the previous three and provide some "here's how you get involved" information.

Note this document has not been seen by anyone other than me and does not represent a perfectly flawless execution overseen by a dozen people.  It is likely flawed, I am definitely flawed, and this is me doing my best as a fellow individual to think of ways that we can shine as a community.  If you spot any significant flaws, go with the "fix first and ask forgiveness later" philosophy and correct away.  You are encouraged to share it and help get participation.

There definitely will be some official document written.  My hope is this feeds that.

I have two "out of thin air" deadlines to make that something that could potentially happen:

DEADLINE for inclusion any officially prepared Working Group statements:  Friday, October 12th, 11pm Pacific

DEADLINE for realistic inclusion any third party Jakarta EE news coverage  Friday, October 19th, 11pm Pacific

The first deadline is with the idea that if people get me content by Friday, I could prepare something over the weekend and have some potential text to share with the Steering Committee meeting that Tuesday morning.  The Tuesday 16th meeting will be our last meeting before CodeOne/EclipseCon so that's my last chance to get something in front of everyone for any sort of pre-conference approval.

The second deadline is with the thought that our friends and allies in places like JAXEnter would at least have the weekend to come up with any articles they might want to publish when the conferences start the following Monday.

Of course, this could all be too ambitious and no one participates, in which case, I'm ok being the guy with egg on his face.  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  So I'm fine going for it.

That said, I think we can do it and I'd love to see 12 or more voices in this thing.

All voices are welcome.  If for a second you think, "I'm nobody, no one wants to hear from me."  Bury that thought, yes we do.  How does a community of 10 become a community of 100?  Only through the bravery of 90 people in your shoes.  When we get to 1000, it will be because of you.

If you want that future for us, now is the time to ignore the butterflies and take that risk you've been itching to take and never have.  I'm putting myself out there at the risk of a botched execution that falls flat and goes nowhere.  Come take a risk with me.  Let's do this together.

-David