Re: [ee4j-community] Feedback to Joint Community Open Letter on Java EE Naming and Packaging

And that's great. A new process with the spirit of the JCP,  but without its lacks. I have no doubt this move will be beneficial for everybody.

But I can't consider it a JCP replacement (in the sense of the home for Java standards) if it lacks former privileges. There's where my doubts lay.

El mar., 16 ene. 2018 21:51, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On 2018-01-16 3:39 PM, Guillermo González de Agüero wrote:
> If the JCP doesn't fit the needs of Java EE nomore, then go *replace* it.

That is exactly what is happening here.

The Eclipse Foundation is going to be creating a new specification
process which will replace the role of the JCP as it currently pertains
to Java EE. That new spec process will hopefully fix many of the issues
with the JCP. I can guarantee that it will not have the existing "get
all the IP" Spec Lead role. Similarly I can guarantee that it will not
have any special votes or roles for Oracle or any other special company.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(m) +1.613.220.3223