Re: [ee4j-community] Oracle Java EE8 Issue Tracker Abandonment

Reza,

be assured, behind the scenes people do work on the migration. At least I do know that for some of the projects, in particular Jersey. A first bunch of projects is currently in progress, other bunches will follow. But yes, certainly it would be really great to have a weekly updated web site showing the content that is currently moved and the particular progress (like "Jersey: xx%") so this is publicly trackable. I CC'ed PMC head Ivar Grimstad about this, maybe he can trigger the Eclipse Foundation to set up such a web site?

-Markus

From: ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Reza Rahman
Sent: Samstag, 2. Dezember 2017 19:36
To: EE4J community discussions
Subject: Re: [ee4j-community] Oracle Java EE8 Issue Tracker Abandonment

This is a very real concern for many customers. We heard the same concern at JavaOne during EE4J discussions. As I have said for a while now, the best way to address this is a realistic roadmap for EE4J including some kind of commitment, hopefully including from Oracle, as to who is taking ownership of moving which Java EE specification forward. Simply continuing to say it will take time to figure out risks people continuing to worry more and more about the future of Java EE.

At least a simple list of who wants to move which specification forward should not be so hard for a technology and market as mature as Java EE.

Sent from my iPhone