Re: [ee4j-community] EE4J Project for annotation scanning?

Hi,

Incidentally, I've recently been thinking about the exact same thing.

What about generating an index like Jandex (https://github.com/wildfly/jandex) by the java compiler and store that in module-info.class?

Any Java environment needing annotations could then just ask the java runtime for it, with an option of manually scanning and/or using the JDK scanner algorithm at run time for those modules that don't have the index.

This would need to become a JEP then I guess.

Thoughts?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms