Re: [eclipselink-users] Does Eclipselink/Toplink generate back out SQLs?

No, EclipseLink does not support this.
Using events as you are is probably your best means.

EclipseLink does have full history support, which is somewhat similar.
History maintains a separate table of all changes that have occurred so that
you could query or restore any entity to any point in time.

mithunk wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a requirement where I need to store the SQLs fired and the back out
> SQLs. For example, if some user adds an Entity using my tool, I need to
> store "insert" query and a corresponding "Delete" query in my database.
> I am able to capture SQLs fired by JPA layer using SessionEventAdapter,
> but I am not able to get the back out SQL. I know it is not required by
> any ORM to generate back out SQLs. However I just wanted to check with
> experts here if there is any way to capture back out SQLs from
> eclipselink.
>
> Currently I am planning to manually parse the forward (insert) scripts and
> modify them to generate back out scripts.
> Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mithun K

-----