Re: [eclipselink-users] JPA mapping verification

EclipseLink offers an IntegrityChecker, which can be used to validate the JPA
mappings against the database schema.  Currently there is no persistence
unit property to enable it (please log a bug for this), but you can enable
it using a SessionCustomizer
(session.getIntegrityChecker().checkDatabase()).

You can also use JPA tools such as Eclipse Dali to validate your mappings
during development.

Note sure if this replaces the need to do testing though.

ljnelson wrote:

> Hello; I was wondering if EclipseLink has any internal tool roughly
> akin to the Glassfish verifier that would allow me to quickly sanity
> check my JPA mappings at build time.
>
> Our team has gotten bogged down writing heavy DbUnit-based integration
> tests and I'd like to find a halfway-there solution to include at unit
> test time.  That way I can move all the heavier-weight integration
> tests (involving firing up an EntityManagerFactory, cleaning an
> in-memory database, setting up the right test data, etc.) to the
> integration phase of our build.  The thought would be that unit tests
> would now complete much faster, but would still catch a few
> rudimentary JPA annotation errors.
>
> Is there any kind of tool like this available?
>
> Best,
> Laird

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/