[eclipselink-users] JPA mapping verification

Hello; I was wondering if EclipseLink has any internal tool roughly
akin to the Glassfish verifier that would allow me to quickly sanity
check my JPA mappings at build time.

Our team has gotten bogged down writing heavy DbUnit-based integration
tests and I'd like to find a halfway-there solution to include at unit
test time.  That way I can move all the heavier-weight integration
tests (involving firing up an EntityManagerFactory, cleaning an
in-memory database, setting up the right test data, etc.) to the
integration phase of our build.  The thought would be that unit tests
would now complete much faster, but would still catch a few
rudimentary JPA annotation errors.

Is there any kind of tool like this available?

Best,
Laird

Back to the top