Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [eclipselink-users] enum access cast issue

Well this issue was particularly painful to resolve, but I've finally gotten
to the bottom of it.  I'm using Flex on the front end and BlazeDS to
communicate with the server.  BlazeDS doesn't handle enums directly, but
converts them to strings (at least for now).  In most cases, I was
accounting for this difference (e.g., by doing a merge of the entity), but
not in all cases which is why when I came through different paths to the
same point of code, things worked differently.  

The clue to resolving it was printing out the class of the verbForms list
that contained the enums.  I didn't think that could change on the fly, but
it did.  Thanks, James, for all your help!


View this message in context:
Sent from the EclipseLink - Users mailing list archive at

Back to the top