RE: [eclipselink-users] Insert Error

Also, what do you mean by track the EntityManager API usage?  Is that
done by having the logging set to FINEST?

-----Original Message-----
From: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gordon Yorke
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:41 AM
To: EclipseLink User Discussions
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users] Insert Error

When the top level domain object is "updated" what API is being used?
em.persist(), em.merge().  What cache settings are being used?
You need to track the EntityManager API usage when this object is
involved.
--Gordon

khaskett wrote:
> I'm trying to track down an issue with my application.  We have
> several nested domain objects that get updated during a lengthy
> process.  At the end we call the .update on a high level object.  In
> most cases this seems to work fine.  But in some scenarios, we get a
> database error. Here is the error - Exception [EclipseLink-4002]
> (Eclipse Persistence Services -
> 1.2.0.v20091016-r5565):
> org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
> Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0407] Null values not
> allowed in column or variable TRANS00004. Error Code: -407 Call:
> INSERT INTO CP_TRANSACTION
>
> This is the top level domain, and it looks like it is trying to create

> a new instance of this Domain object.  But during the process we never

> create this instance.
>
> Is there a way to track down the domain object instance that initiates

> this creation?  I have put breakpoints in the Domain object itself in
> the default constructor and they do not go through this method.  Any
other suggestions?
> Because it is such a lengthy process I have not figured out what path
> it is taking that seems to cause this.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.

Back to the top