Re: [eclipselink-users] Insert Error

When the top level domain object is "updated" what API is being used? em.persist(), em.merge(). What cache settings are being used?
You need to track the EntityManager API usage when this object is involved.
--Gordon

khaskett wrote:
I'm trying to track down an issue with my application.  We have several
nested domain objects that get updated during a lengthy process.  At the end
we call the .update on a high level object.  In most cases this seems to
work fine.  But in some scenarios, we get a database error. Here is the
error -
Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
1.2.0.v20091016-r5565): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0407] Null values not allowed
in column or variable TRANS00004. Error Code: -407 Call: INSERT INTO
CP_TRANSACTION
This is the top level domain, and it looks like it is trying to create a new
instance of this Domain object.  But during the process we never create this
instance.
Is there a way to track down the domain object instance that initiates this
creation?  I have put breakpoints in the Domain object itself in the default
constructor and they do not go through this method. Any other suggestions? Because it is such a lengthy process I have not figured out what path it is
taking that seems to cause this.

Back to the top