Re: [eclipselink-users] Generate orm.xml from Database schema

I think there would be some issues related to the fact that most things in JPA are defaulted. I am not sure you could get reasonable orm.xml from the writer.

-Tom

James Sutherland wrote:
If you can't find an tool that does this, you may be able to leverage some
code in EclipseLink to do this.  Because EclipseLink uses EclipseLink Moxy
to read in the orm.xml, it also means we can write it back out.  If you have
an annotated model (such as generated from Dali), you could attempt to use
EclipseLink to write it out to orm.xml.  Refer to the class,
XMLEntityMappingsWriter in EclipseLink, it probably will not be trivial, but
should be possible, I think.

Neil Hauge wrote:
Eclipse Dali and Oracle JDeveloper are both able to generate a
persistence.xml and annotated entities from tables, but neither support
generating the mapping metadata directly to orm.xml at this time. Neil
James Sutherland wrote:

  I believe Eclipse Dali offers this functionality, also I think Oracle
JDeveloper.

Abhinav Shah wrote:
Hi,

I have a oracle database schema ready (with tables and relationships).

I want to generate my orm.xml and persistence.xml from it.

Are there any available tools for the same?

-----
http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:James.sutherland.oracle.com James Sutherland http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/
TopLink Wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink EclipseLink , http://wiki.oracle.com/page/TopLink TopLink Forums: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=48 TopLink , http://www.nabble.com/EclipseLink-f26430.html EclipseLink Book: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java_Persistence Java Persistence

Back to the top