[eclipselink-users] Using constructor injection with JPA entities

Hi,

I am curious whether it conceivably possible for JPA 2.0 to add support for
constructor injection for such things as read-only entities. I'm not a fan
of the JavaBean design pattern and I'm wondering whether it would be
possible to move EclipseLink and JPA closer to the Guice way of doing
things. For example:

class Foo
{
  public Foo(@Named("username") String username, @Named("password") String
password)
  {}

  // mapping annotations go on getters
  public String getUsername() {}
  public String getPassword() {}

  // no setters
}

It would be even better if you could pick up the property names directly
from the variable name but I believe there are technical problems with that
approach.

Thank you,
Gili