Re: [eclipselink-users] Full Identity Map that has relationships to objects cached in weaker types

This is still the case for Shared Cache usage in EclipseLink. You should note that you can set the identity map type (cache type) on a per entity basis.
--Gordon

zebhed wrote:
I have found an article by Yorke/Melanson on the web that is related to
Toplink.
(http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/newsletter/articles/toplink/toplink_caching_locking.html)

There is a statement about entities held in Full Identity Maps:
"It is important to make sure that types like this do not have relationships
to objects cached in weaker types. Object types stored in a FullIdentityMap
cache holding references to types in a weak cache effectively make the weak
cached objects held indefinitely."

I do not know how old this article is. I wonder if this statement is still
true (for EclipseLink). If it is, I think I will have to alter my caching
policy.

Back to the top