[eclipselink-users] Full Identity Map that has relationships to objects cached in weaker types

I have found an article by Yorke/Melanson on the web that is related to
Toplink.
(http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/newsletter/articles/toplink/toplink_caching_locking.html)

There is a statement about entities held in Full Identity Maps:
"It is important to make sure that types like this do not have relationships
to objects cached in weaker types. Object types stored in a FullIdentityMap
cache holding references to types in a weak cache effectively make the weak
cached objects held indefinitely."

I do not know how old this article is. I wonder if this statement is still
true (for EclipseLink). If it is, I think I will have to alter my caching
policy.