[eclipselink-users] Porting Spring/JPA application to Weblogic 10.3 using Eclipselink

Hi all

Please give me your thoughts/ideas on how to get around the pressing problem I'm facing:

We have an enterprise application that runs on OC4J 10g (10.1.3.3) and uses:
a)	JSF on the front-end
b)	EJB 3.0 (façade) to expose business functionality to front-end (via Local EJBs) and to other systems (via Remote EJBs)
c)	Spring framework 2.5.4 for all business functionality (using annotations @Autowired and @Interceptors(SpringBeanAutowiringInterceptor.class))
d)	Oracle Toplink JPA
e)	Oracle Database.
To make the Spring layer aware of the persistence unit we use a JNDI lookup (OC4J automatically binds the persistence unit to the JNDI tree).
On the other hand, weblogic does not bind automatically - and this is where the problem lies.

We use the following on the OC4J and works fine:

	<!-- datasource lookup from JNDI - running in iAS -->
	<jee:jndi-lookup id="dataSource" jndi-name="jdbc/OracleDS" />
	<!-- JPA EntityManagerFactory -->
	<jee:jndi-lookup id="entityManagerFactory"
		jndi-name="business-core/persistenceUnitJPA">
	</jee:jndi-lookup>

	<bean id="jpaDialect"
		class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.TopLinkJpaDialect" />
	<bean id="jpaVendorAdapter"
		class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.TopLinkJpaVendorAdapter">
		<property name="showSql" value="true" />
		<property name="databasePlatform"
			value="oracle.toplink.essentials.platform.database.oracle.OraclePlatform" />
	</bean>

	<tx:jta-transaction-manager />
	<tx:annotation-driven />
	<context:annotation-config />

When trying to do the same for Eclipselink it seems that the weblogic (although it detects and properly "weaves" the persistence unit via eclipselink provider) does not expose as JNDI.

It is important to note that in OC4J we only instanciate Spring via the SpringBeanAutowiringInterceptor. There is no Spring servlet or some other mechanism to create a Spring container on the web side.

Can you please help? Any workarounds?
Thanks a lot
Thanos

Internet communications are not secure; therefore, the integrity of this e-mail  cannot be
guaranteed following transmission on the Internet. This e-mail may contain confidential
information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and erase this
e-mail. Use of this e-mail by any person other than the addressee is strictly forbidden. This e-mail
is believed to be free of any virus that might adversely affect the addressee's computer
system; however, no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage arising in any way from its
use. All the preceding disclaimers also apply to any possible attachments to this e-mail.

Back to the top