To: "Mitesh Meswani" <Mitesh.Meswani@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "EclipseLink User Discussions" <eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 5:22 AM
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink 1.0.1 on Glassfish V2R2- issue with target-server

Here goes...

[#|2008-10-17T11:13:57.457+0200|SEVERE|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|_ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=Thread-32;_RequestID=6417df02-807d-4e2b-b4f1-5f74f85565ee;|WebModule[/cumquat-brandportal-services]PWC1275: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.dao.annotation.PersistenceExceptionTranslationPostProcessor#0' defined in class path resource [spring-persistency.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in class path resource [spring-persistency.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [image-bank] failed. Internal Exception: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28010] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: PersistenceUnitInfo image-bank has transactionType JTA, but doesnt have jtaDataSource. at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:480) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:221) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164) at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:881) at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.registerBeanPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:597) at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:366) at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:255) at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:199) at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:45) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4523) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:5184)
       at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:326)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:973) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:957) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:688) at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.loadWebModule(WebContainer.java:1584) at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.loadWebModule(WebContainer.java:1222) at com.sun.enterprise.server.WebModuleDeployEventListener.moduleDeployed(WebModuleDeployEventListener.java:182) at com.sun.enterprise.server.WebModuleDeployEventListener.moduleDeployed(WebModuleDeployEventListener.java:278) at com.sun.enterprise.admin.event.AdminEventMulticaster.invokeModuleDeployEventListener(AdminEventMulticaster.java:974) at com.sun.enterprise.admin.event.AdminEventMulticaster.handleModuleDeployEvent(AdminEventMulticaster.java:961) at com.sun.enterprise.admin.event.AdminEventMulticaster.processEvent(AdminEventMulticaster.java:464) at com.sun.enterprise.admin.event.AdminEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(AdminEventMulticaster.java:176) at com.sun.enterprise.admin.server.core.DeploymentNotificationHelper.multicastEvent(DeploymentNotificationHelper.java:308) at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.phasing.DeploymentServiceUtils.multicastEvent(DeploymentServiceUtils.java:226) at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.phasing.ServerDeploymentTarget.sendStartEvent(ServerDeploymentTarget.java:298) at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.phasing.ApplicationStartPhase.runPhase(ApplicationStartPhase.java:132) at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.phasing.DeploymentPhase.executePhase(DeploymentPhase.java:108) at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.phasing.PEDeploymentService.executePhases(PEDeploymentService.java:919) at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.phasing.PEDeploymentService.start(PEDeploymentService.java:591) at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.phasing.PEDeploymentService.start(PEDeploymentService.java:635) at com.sun.enterprise.admin.mbeans.ApplicationsConfigMBean.start(ApplicationsConfigMBean.java:744)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.sun.enterprise.admin.MBeanHelper.invokeOperationInBean(MBeanHelper.java:375) at com.sun.enterprise.admin.MBeanHelper.invokeOperationInBean(MBeanHelper.java:358) at com.sun.enterprise.admin.config.BaseConfigMBean.invoke(BaseConfigMBean.java:464) at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836) at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:761)
       at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.enterprise.admin.util.proxy.ProxyClass.invoke(ProxyClass.java:90)
       at $Proxy1.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.enterprise.admin.server.core.jmx.SunoneInterceptor.invoke(SunoneInterceptor.java:304) at com.sun.enterprise.interceptor.DynamicInterceptor.invoke(DynamicInterceptor.java:174) at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.client.DeploymentClientUtils.startApplication(DeploymentClientUtils.java:145) at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.client.DeployAction.run(DeployAction.java:537)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in class path resource [spring-persistency.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [image-bank] failed. Internal Exception: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28010] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: PersistenceUnitInfo image-bank has transactionType JTA, but doesnt have jtaDataSource. at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1337) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:221) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeansOfType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:308) at org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactoryUtils.beansOfTypeIncludingAncestors(BeanFactoryUtils.java:270) at org.springframework.dao.support.PersistenceExceptionTranslationInterceptor.detectPersistenceExceptionTranslators(PersistenceExceptionTranslationInterceptor.java:122) at org.springframework.dao.support.PersistenceExceptionTranslationInterceptor.<init>(PersistenceExceptionTranslationInterceptor.java:78) at org.springframework.dao.annotation.PersistenceExceptionTranslationAdvisor.<init>(PersistenceExceptionTranslationAdvisor.java:70) at org.springframework.dao.annotation.PersistenceExceptionTranslationPostProcessor.setBeanFactory(PersistenceExceptionTranslationPostProcessor.java:97) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1325) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
       ... 56 more
Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [image-bank] failed. Internal Exception: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28010] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: PersistenceUnitInfo image-bank has transactionType JTA, but doesnt have jtaDataSource. at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:870) at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:189) at org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.createNativeEntityManagerFactory(LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:224) at org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:291) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1368) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1334)
       ... 73 more
Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [image-bank] failed. Internal Exception: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28010] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: PersistenceUnitInfo image-bank has transactionType JTA, but doesnt have jtaDataSource. at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException.predeployFailed(EntityManagerSetupException.java:210)
       ... 79 more
Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28010] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: PersistenceUnitInfo image-bank has transactionType JTA, but doesnt have jtaDataSource. at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:790)
       ... 78 more
Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-28010] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: PersistenceUnitInfo image-bank has transactionType JTA, but doesnt have jtaDataSource. at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException.jtaPersistenceUnitInfoMissingJtaDataSource(EntityManagerSetupException.java:154)
       ... 79 more
|#]

Any ideas :-)
-J.

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 10:05 -0700, Mitesh Meswani wrote:
Jan Vissers wrote:
> Thx,
>
> Already tried to relocate eclipselink.jar to $GLASSFISH_HOME/lib. This
> gets me a bit further, but not far enough. The next error message I get
> is:
>
> "...PersistenceUnitInfo image-bank has transactionType JTA, but doesnt
> have jtaDataSource...."

Can you please post the complete stack trace when you get this. This
seems to be coming from GlassFish code when it tries to create EMF from
your PU. I am not familiar with Spring but you will somehow need to
"hide" the pu from being loaded by GlassFish and let Spring create your
EMF.

-Mitesh