Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink dropping Exception cause?

I tracked this down to DatabaseAccessor.java:1340.

It looks like
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.prepareStatement() throws a
NullPointerException without a stack-trace and to make it even more
colorful, "cause" points back to the wrapping exception.

In short, Derby is messed up ;) This makes little sense, however, because it
turns out that derby.log contains the full stack-trace. I wonder why the
EmbeddedConnection driver throws a bogus exception even if it logs the
correct one in its own logs.

Thanks anyway ;)
Gili