[eclipselink-users] setting up Eclipselink with Glassfish in Netbeans, tables not being created?

Hi,

I would like to use Eclipselink with Glassfishv2 (using my IDE Netbeans)..

I have added the following jars from the lastest milestone

eclipselink/jlib/eclipselink.jar

and

eclipselink/jlib/jpa/javax.persistence_1.0.0.jar

to my project classpath

and using the Netbeans persistence.xml tool I have also added a new Persistence Provider where I also pointed to these same jars (as well as all the other jars that come with the milestone), (also i have just tried using the jars from the plugins as well, but no dice)

my persistence.xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <persistence-unit name="marktwo-ejbPU" transaction-type="JTA">
    <description>marktwo persistence.</description>
    <provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider>
    <jta-data-source>jdbc/__marktwo</jta-data-source>
    <class>entity.RawData</class>
    <class>entity.Type</class>
    <exclude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>
    <properties>
      <property name="eclipselink.target-server" value="SunAS9"/>
      <property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation.output-mode" value="database"/>
      <property name="eclipselink.logging.level" value="FINEST"/>
      <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.password" value="hello"/>
      <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.user" value="root"/>
      <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/marktwo;create=true"/>
      <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.driver" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
      <property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation" value="drop-and-create-tables"/>
    </properties>
  </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

I know i don't even need the stuff written in green, and pink ? but i have just tried to throw everything in?? (and have tried numerous combinations in between)

I have also tested this by changing back to the default Toplink and it all works : tables are created?

I am just wondering if I have missed a step that would be required to set this up?

Basically it is just not connecting with the database? no exceptions get throw nothing? also i even tried just shutting down the database and reploying ... nothing, still not even an exception? is there some crucial step that i have overlooked? do i need to reconfigure Glassfish to not use Toplink and now use Eclipselink?

thanks,

-lachlan

ps. i am running osx 10.51,  mysql 5, Glassfishv2RI, Netbeans 6.1, EclipseLink M1.0

pps. what is the difference in using the jars from the Install or from OSIG Plugins?

Back to the top