[eclipselink-users] EclipseLinkM6 doesn't properly detect added/changed details

Hi,

I'm hitting a serious issue using EclipseLinkM6. Our application
declares a master|detail relationship between families and products.
Data gets loaded asynchronously via Quartz which uses EclipseLink
EntityManager's. What we're seeing is that after a successful import the
master records show up in the application, but drilling down on the
details doesn't show any details. An actual database query tells us that
there *are* details available. Now when we restart our container
(Tomcat6) and revisit the master|detail forms, the details *do* show up
nicely. This behavior is the same for a pooling datasource em, as well
as for a non-pooling, non-datasource em. What I find strange is that the
master records do show up, but the details only after container restart.

My guess is that EclipseLink doesn't properly detect changed
associations. Please tell me it isn't so - and that we're doing
something wrong.

Thanks,
-J.

Back to the top