Re: [eclipselink-users] BaseEntity

Yes, this should be possible. If your MappedSuperclass is as defined below you should not be getting any errors. Are the errors limited to the inheritance case that you asked about before?
--Gordon

Leon Derks wrote:
Hello

Is it possible to have one single BaseEntity class that contains a general used id for all other entity classes?

Like this:
@MappedSuperclass
public abstract class BaseEntity {
     @Id
   @GeneratedValue(generator="seqGen")
@SequenceGenerator(name="seqGen",sequenceName="PLI_SEQ", allocationSize=1)
   private long id;

   public long getId() {
       return id;
   }

And that all my entity classes are extending from this BaseEntity. Because then I don't need all kind of similar id variables in my entity classes.

I tried this, but it results in an error. Because it wants to select from the table BaseEntity and this doesn't exists of course.

Am I doing something wrong with my jpa mapping?

greetz,
Leon