[eclipselink-users] BaseEntity

Hello

Is it possible to have one single BaseEntity class that contains a general used id for all other entity classes?

Like this:
@MappedSuperclass
public abstract class BaseEntity {
@Id
   @GeneratedValue(generator="seqGen")
@SequenceGenerator(name="seqGen",sequenceName="PLI_SEQ", allocationSize=1)
   private long id;

   public long getId() {
       return id;
   }

And that all my entity classes are extending from this BaseEntity. Because then I don't need all kind of similar id variables in my entity classes.

I tried this, but it results in an error. Because it wants to select from the table BaseEntity and this doesn't exists of course.

Am I doing something wrong with my jpa mapping?

greetz,
Leon

Back to the top