Re: [eclipselink-users] Cascade REMOVE

I did more testing, and the problem occurs only if I update the entity before removing it. I will log the bug with an example.
Thanks,
Ellen

James Sutherland wrote:

Are there any other relationships in these two objects?  It could be some
sort of cyclic dependency.

If not, then please log the bug, and include as much information as
possible. (stack, SQL, remove code)

Ellen Kraffmiller wrote:
I'm running into another problem with EclipseLink in Glassfish - when I delete an Entity that has a collection defined with a OneToMany relationship, cascade REMOVE doesn't seem to be working. The delete throws a foreign key violation error because the dependent entity is not deleted. Here is a code snippet:

@Entity
public class Study implements java.io.Serializable {
@OneToMany(mappedBy="study", cascade={CascadeType.REMOVE, CascadeType.MERGE, CascadeType.PERSIST})
   private java.util.List<StudyAuthor> studyAuthors;
}

@Entity
public class StudyAuthor implements java.io.Serializable {
   @ManyToOne
   private Study study;
}

This same code is working when I use TopLink Essentials. Before entering a bug I just wanted to check if there is some configuration issue that may be causing this.
Thanks,
Ellen

-----
---
http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:James.sutherland.oracle.com James Sutherland http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/
TopLink Wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink EclipseLink , http://wiki.oracle.com/page/TopLink TopLink Forums: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=48 TopLink , http://www.nabble.com/EclipseLink-f26430.html EclipseLink Book: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java_Persistence Java Persistence

Back to the top