From: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ellen
Kraffmiller
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:09 PM
To: eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eclipselink-users] Problem deploying - cannot find class
org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryProvider

Hi,
I am deploying EclipseLink to a Glassfish application server (replacing
TopLink Essentials).  I ran packageRename to update my persistence.xml file,
and when I deploy the application I get
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryProvider
    at
com.sun.enterprise.server.PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.load(PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.java:143)

I looked at the contents of eclipselink.jar, and I don't find an
EntityManagerFactoryProvider in the location specified in
persistence.xml.  I did find a class in another package -
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryProvider, but
when I use this in persistence.xml, I get another exception on startup:
java.lang.ClassCastException
    at java.lang.Class.cast(Class.java:2951)
    at
com.sun.enterprise.server.PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.load(PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.java:137)
    at
com.sun.enterprise.server.PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.load(PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.java:84)
    at
com.sun.enterprise.server.AbstractLoader.loadPersistenceUnits(AbstractLoader.java:898)
    at
com.sun.enterprise.server.ApplicationLoader.doLoad(ApplicationLoader.java:184)
    at
com.sun.enterprise.server.TomcatApplicationLoader.doLoad(TomcatApplicationLoader.java:126)
...etc

Any hints as to what I'm doing wrong here?
Thanks,
Ellen