[eclipselink-users] Problem deploying - cannot find class org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryProvider

Hi,
I am deploying EclipseLink to a Glassfish application server (replacing TopLink Essentials). I ran packageRename to update my persistence.xml file, and when I deploy the application I get java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryProvider at com.sun.enterprise.server.PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.load(PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.java:143)

I looked at the contents of eclipselink.jar, and I don't find an EntityManagerFactoryProvider in the location specified in persistence.xml. I did find a class in another package - org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryProvider, but when I use this in persistence.xml, I get another exception on startup:
java.lang.ClassCastException
   at java.lang.Class.cast(Class.java:2951)
at com.sun.enterprise.server.PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.load(PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.java:137) at com.sun.enterprise.server.PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.load(PersistenceUnitLoaderImpl.java:84) at com.sun.enterprise.server.AbstractLoader.loadPersistenceUnits(AbstractLoader.java:898) at com.sun.enterprise.server.ApplicationLoader.doLoad(ApplicationLoader.java:184) at com.sun.enterprise.server.TomcatApplicationLoader.doLoad(TomcatApplicationLoader.java:126)
...etc

Any hints as to what I'm doing wrong here?
Thanks,
Ellen

Back to the top