RE: [eclipselink-users] contribution?

Hi Bryan,

>What is the level of interest in the contribution of my work on
>integrating JPA into Eclipse?  I've started down the path of getting
>permission to contribute which requires a proposal, several approvals,
>and sign-off by two different review boards.  I just want to make sure
>there's serious interest in my contribution before I do all this work
>to get it approved.

I agree.  If you have to go through a bunch of work to provide the contribution we should probably figure out what is the right way forward first.  So far I'm satisfied with packaging of EclipseLink as a set of bundles and using the JPA "as is".    That is, bootstrapping using the SPI Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(...).  Your service based approach looks interesting but what problem does it solve that this naive approach doesn't?  Can you elaborate on what drove you this direction?

>What should happen if the implementation bundle is stopped and there
>are active EntityManagers?

It seems like an OSGi service approach is suitable for things that can come and go--like a printing service or logging service.  I wouldn't expect a JPA implementation to be something that could come and go?

   Shaun

Back to the top