Re: [eclipselink-users] JMX / Getting DB Settings via web interface

Vespa, Anthony J wrote:
Hello,

I'm building an app using Eclipselink and I would like to have a little
servlet that essentially reads the in-memory settings (eg things like
what persistence units are configured to which dbs, what cachs
statistics can I get, etc) - I've looked through the api for toplink and
can't seem to find anything to do this.

Any ideas for getting this sort of info?

Thx!

-Tony
I did something vaguely similar a long time ago ... I needed to access the internal IdentityMapManager
to print out which threads were holding onto locks.

For EclipseLink, the basic starting point would be:

import org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.factories.
SessionManager;

public class EclipseLinkSpyServlet extends HttpServlet {

  public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
    throws ServletException, IOException {

    ServletContext sctx = getServletContext();
    sctx.log("
EclipseLinkSpyServlet - doGet");

    response.setContentType("text/html");
    PrintWriter pw = response.getWriter();
EclipseLinkSpyServlet</title></head>");
    pw.println("<body><h1><center>
EclipseLinkSpyServlet</center></h1><br>");

    // key is String name of session, value is (obviously) a Session
    Map sessions = SessionManager.getManager().getSessions();

For each session, you can ask it for its org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.Login via getDatasourceLogin()
which has a lot of database information.

--
Oracle Email Signature Logo
Mike Norman | Principal Software Designer | 613.288.4638

Back to the top