Re: [eclipselink-dev] Building master

Thanks so much for the information. I think I'm going to try playing around with creating a new "generic" profile that uses build.properties connection information. I can see how it's useful for you guys cause all the default DB connections are checked in, but I'm finding it a bit tedious to managed all these different property files. Also, to test a database, a new profile needs to be created and checked in...

Another question I have concerns how to import these projects into Eclipse. I can't import as "existing projects" because then there's no source. I tried importing as maven projects, but that generates a bunch of .project, .settings, .classpath files that show up as changes in git. Is there a recommended way to manage everything in Eclipse?

Thanks,
Will Dazey

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 5:55 AM Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 12/18/19 6:58 AM, William Dazey wrote:
> Hello!
> Granted, I don't have much experience with maven, but I just want to run
> the jpa-jse bucket locally. `

I believe most questions were answered by Radek already, just few
good-to-know maven tips:

Once you're at project root:

mvn -pl :<artifactId> <goals|phases> - run given goals/phases (ie
dependency:tree, clean, install, etc) for a project identified by
<artifactId> and nothing else

mvn -am -pl :<artifactId> <goals|phases> - run given goals/phases (ie
dependency:tree, clean, install, etc) for a project identified by
<artifactId> and for all projects given one depends on

mvn -amd -pl :<artifactId> <goals|phases> - run given goals/phases (ie
dependency:tree, clean, install, etc) for a project identified by
<artifactId> and for all projects depending on it

-am (--also-make) and -amd (--also-make-dependents) options are well
described at
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40206376/difference-between-also-make-and-also-make-dependents

thanks,
--lukas