[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [eclipselink-dev] Time to cut a new 2.7?
- From: Jody Grassel <fyrewyld@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 09:21:41 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It's been since January since the last 2.7 version cut, if our goal was one release per quarter, then we've already missed 2 point releases in the time since then.Â Â Of the list you've cited, how many are considered stop-ship, and how many could be deferred to the next point release of 2.7?Â If there are blockers, which exact bugtracker #s/Github PRs are needed?
On 9/24/19 5:27 PM, Jody Grassel wrote:
> It's been a very long time since a version of Eclipselink 2.7 was cut
> (thought this was supposed to be done quarterly?)Â With the update to
> ASM 7.1, perhaps now is a good time to cut a new one?
that is on the table. We should see if we managed to fix an issue we had
tomorrow, so far it seems to be on the good way but keep fingers crossed.
Few remaining TODOs, if you/anyone want(s) to help with them:
- compare PRs merged to master with those in 2.7 to see if something
worth to be in 2.7 is there, eventually prepare PR backporting what is
missing (or what is in 2.7 and not in master)
- fix for bug 550542 (PR #530) is something we really want to have in 2.7
- go through open PRs and close (either merge or reject) ~50% of them
- evaluate open issues - I can see some of them can be closed as already
- Radek is currently investigating some Oracle DB related failures he
noticed (..and Will apparently as well)
I believe that with some help, all this can be done by Monday. If it
will be, and I believe it will, we'll work towards releasing 2.7.5 using
new build infrastructure, so the old one can be retired (actually old
one needs to be retired before new one can be enabled, so there will
be some time during which travis will be the only thing running some
> eclipselink-dev mailing list
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
eclipselink-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit