[eclipselink-dev] How can I import EclipseLink source code successfully from the GIT repository into Eclipse?

Hello,

So I checked out the code of EclipseLink from this repository:http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/eclipselink/eclipselink.runtime.git

After that I did: File -> Import -> Existing Maven Projects -> browse to C:\Users\amosomar\git\eclipselink.runtime\buildsystem\org.eclipse.persistence.parent and imported all the projects that showed up.

Then I get the following error:

An internal error occurred during: "Importing Maven projects". Path must include project and resource name: /org.eclipse.persistence.nosql

It also happens when I do: Right click on one of the projects -> Maven -> Update Project

An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project". Path must include project and resource name: /org.eclipse.persistence.core enter image description here

I have tried this with JBoss Devloper Studio 7.0.0 GA and Spring Tool Suite 3.3.0 RELEASE without success both have m2eclipse 1.4.0.20130601-0317 installed.

It seems to have something to do with the parent project "org.eclipse.persistence.parent" and the modules because if I remove for example from project "org.eclipse.persistence.core" pom the reference to the parent the problem goes away:

<parent>
    <artifactId>org.eclipse.persistence.parent</artifactId>
    <groupId>org.eclipse.persistence</groupId>
    <version>2.6.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
             <relativePath>../../buildsystem/org.eclipse.persistence.parent/pom.xml</relativePath>
</parent>

Original question in StackOverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19816277/how-can-i-import-eclipselink-source-code-successfully-from-the-git-repository-in

Alfredo Osorio