[eclipselink-dev] Some server test apps can't be deployed on glassfish v3

Hi all,

I’ve got yet another question on running the server tests against a glassfish v3 server.

I’m now in the situation that I can principally run the server tests, but many tests suites fail entirely because the test application can’t be deployed. I get errors like

“Could not resolve a persistence unit corresponding to the persistence-unit-ref-name [org.eclipse.persistence.testing.framework.server.TestRunnerBean/entityManagerFactory] in scope of the module called [eclipselink-cascadedeletes-model#eclipselink-cascadedeletes-model_ejb.jar]. Please verify your application.”

All in all, I have around 520 errors, and around 400 of them are caused by this issue. Any idea what’s wrong here?
I played a bit around with one of the apps and found out that I can deploy it if I change the persistence unit name from whatever it is to “default” in both the persistence.xml file and the ejb-jar.xml - but I don’t really understand why that works and what the actual problem is.

The remaining errors are different, and my question here is: Do you ever get error-free server test runs on glassfish, or is there a list of tests that are known to be failing (for whatever reasons)?

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Sabine

Sabine Heider
SAP AG

Pflichtangaben/Mandatory Disclosure Statements:
http://www.sap.com/company/legal/impressum.epx

Back to the top