Re: [eclipselink-dev] NativeAPITest

Hi Adrian,
That's true that this test suite is for "native" API, and the reason adding jap testing is because we try to share the same build scripts for server testing,  As to "server.platform" currently not support NetWeaver, I think you can log a bug, otherwise, you can comment out this test suite in "server-test-lrg" within jpa\eclipselink..jpa.test\build.xml temp.

Thanks,
Kevin

Goerler, Adrian wrote:
Hi,

we are having trouble to run the NativeAPITest on NetWeaver. We are getting the following exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve 'oc4j-platform' to a type definition for element 'server-platform'.

at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.SessionLoaderException.finalException(SessionLoaderException.java:103)
at org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.factories.XMLSessionConfigLoader.load(XMLSessionConfigLoader.java:246)
at org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.factories.SessionManager.getSession(SessionManager.java:395)
at org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.factories.SessionManager.getSession(SessionManager.java:288)
at org.eclipse.persistence.testing.tests.nativeapitest.NativeAPITests.testSetup(NativeAPITests.java:72)
at org.eclipse.persistence.testing.framework.junit.JUnitTestCase.runBareServer(JUnitTestCase.java:463)
at org.eclipse.persistence.testing.framework.server.TestRunnerBean.runTest(TestRunnerBean.java:87)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.RequestInvocationContext.proceedFinal(RequestInvocationContext.java:47)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:166)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatesTransition.invoke(Interceptors_StatesTransition.java:19)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Resource.invoke(Interceptors_Resource.java:47)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.doWorkWithAttribute(Interceptors_Transaction.java:37)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.invoke(Interceptors_Transaction.java:21)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_MethodRetry.invoke(Interceptors_MethodRetry.java:46)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:189)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatelessInstanceGetter.invoke(Interceptors_StatelessInstanceGetter.java:16)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_SecurityCheck.invoke(Interceptors_SecurityCheck.java:25)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.invoke(Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.java:17)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultInvocationChainsManager.startChain(DefaultInvocationChainsManager.java:138)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.java:164)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.RemoteEJBProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(RemoteEJBProxyInvocationHandler.java:98)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.RemoteEJBProxyInvocationHandlerp4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteEJBProxyInvocationHandlerp4_Skel.java:120)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:456)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.ServerDispatchImpl.run(ServerDispatchImpl.java:69)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.process(P4Message.java:72)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.execute(P4Message.java:43)
at com.sap.engine.services.cross.fca.FCAConnectorImpl.executeRequest(FCAConnectorImpl.java:983)
at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.process(P4Message.java:59)
at com.sap.engine.services.cross.fca.MessageReader.run(MessageReader.java:55)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:115)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:96)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.CentralExecutor$SingleThread.run(CentralExecutor.java:315)

Frankly speaking, I understood very little what’s going on here and I’ve got many questions:

1) The tests seems to test the legacy “native” API. Why is it under jpa/eclipselink.jpa.test then?

2) It appears that we should provide some subclass of ServerPlatformConfig for NetWeaver. This ServerPlatformConfig class should be associated with a symbolic name, which seems to be dynamically bound into some XML-schema (or at least something XML-ish) in XMLSession ConfigProj. buildServerPlatformConfigDescriptor.

3)  It seems that we have to provide configure some value for server.platform in our netweaver.properties file. (The current value is “oc4j-platform”, as you see in the stack trace, which is wrong, obviously) .

4) We had tried to provide this ServerPlatformConfig class as described above but failed with the same stack trace as above (Cannot resolve 'netweaver-platform'). Then we tried to use the “oc4j-platform” instead but failed as well.

To me it seems that this technique of dynamically mixing in the symbolic names for the server platform configs in XMLSession ConfigProj. buildServerPlatformConfigDescriptor fails in NetWeaver and hence the parsing of the session.fails.

We are pretty much stuck here. Any idea how to get this flying?

Thanks,

Adrian

Adrian Görler
SAP AG