Re: [eclipselink-dev] EclipseLink JPA Unit Tests on Glassfish

Hello Edwin,

Thanks for a detailed email to run the tests. I could run the tests(on Glassfish) following your instructions, but i have around 18 errors revolving around 1 method and 2 failures .

Did you have a clean run of these tests on other servers?

Thanks
Darani

EDWIN.TANG@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Darani,

Currently, we only have ANT scripts for running JPA tests on WebLogic 10.3/10.1, OC4J 10.1.3, WebSphere and JBoss. But the support for Glassfish is not ready yet.
To run the JPA tests on an App server, following these steps:
1. Install App server
2. Go to directory trunk/jpa/eclipselink.jpa.test
3. Setup <AppServerName>.properties, e.g., weblogic.properties, to reflect the App server installation
4. Edit test.properties to set "server.name=weblogic"
5. Execute "ant server-install" for post-installation config
6. Execute "ant server-start" to start server
7. Execute "ant server-setup" to set up connection pool and data source
8. Execute "ant server-test-lrg" to run JPA tests
9. Execute "ant server-reset" to reverse the things have done in server-setup
10. Execute "ant server-stop" to stop server

We are planning to add Glassfish support in the near future. But you can follow the same rules to create glassfish.xml and glassfish.properties and contribute to EclipseLink.

Thanks,
Edwin