    *From:* eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
    [mailto:eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]*On Behalf Of *Gordon
    Yorke
    *Sent:* Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:37 AM
    *To:* eclipselink-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
    *Cc:* Clarke Douglas J.; Krogh Peter W; Ware Tom G
    *Subject:* [eclipselink-dev] Dev process

    First, the Dev process page (
    http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development/Process ) doesn't
    seem to be linked from within the Development page anymore,  am I
    just missing it or is it on purpose?
Second, the process seems to be missing a build stage and what a
    committer should be required to build.  I think in order to
    prevent committers from breaking compilation in another
    component a committer should be required to build all
    of EclipseLink before completing the final checkin.  This would be
    better than building against the checked in jar as it eliminates
    potential concurrent checkin conflicts.  The generated artifacts
    (eclipselink.jar, installer.zip) should probably be removed from
    the repository as well as they can quickly become out of date.
--Gordon
    __
    Gordon Yorke
    Senior Software Engineer