[eclipselink-dev] JOTM

Andrei Ilitchev has suggested that we leverage this 3rd party Transaction Manager implementation to improve our Java SE test suite.

"It's always hard to tests (and even harder to debug) the use cases with external transactions (jta) because they require an application server. Therefore it would be great (and I  am sure will save many days of debugging time in the future) to have a standalone TransactionManager that we could use in TestingBrowser.

Mike Keith suggested using Jotm (it's an open source project - http://jotm.objectweb.org/index.html ).  Jotm provides TransactionManager and datasources (both XA and non-jta-managed), I have a working test on my machine that allows to use a stand-alone EclipseLink session that uses both external connection pooling and external transaction controller. "

I agree and think we should move forward integrating this infrastructure in our tests and adding a developer mandate that any transaction, acessor or JTA intrgration updates be required to implement tests that use this infrastructure.

--Gordon

__
Gordon Yorke
Senior Software Engineer