[eclipse.org-project-leadership] Project Leads: A note about CI/build resources

Greetings Eclipse Project Leads,

As you may know, the Eclipse CBI (Common Build Infra) has been undergoing many changes in the last few years. As we transition from standalone JIPP[1] to Jiro[2], some projects are now facing some CPU and memory constraints since, under Jiro, limits are in place to ensure fair usage of resources.

Member organizations of the Eclipse Foundation can request additional Resource Packs for CI environments of the projects they lead. Before doing so, please ensure you have the proper authorization to consume those resources on behalf of your organization. We will assume you've discussed with other project leads internally when we obtain the +1 authorization to apply the resource pack to a project.

For more information on CBI, resource packs and resource allocations to Eclipse Member organizations, please see:

    https://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI

Many thanks,

Denis

[1] Jenkins Instance Per Project - a Jenkins java process running on a massive server

[2] Jenkins Instance Running on Openshift - a Jenkins environment running on Kubernetes

--

Denis Roy

Director, IT Services | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Twitter: @droy_eclipse

Back to the top