Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] remove download pages (but not the tars/zips) for releases >= 5 years old?

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 3:29 AM Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks,

I have been going down a bit of a rabbit hole that started with bad bugzilla links and then me reviewing the contents of https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release and realizing that there are lots of small problems there

Rather than spending anymore of my or Webmaster's time cleaning up these old pages I want to remove the download pages for all releases before 2018-09 (the parts under https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release) . The old release zips/tars/dmg will continue to be preserved (forever?) in https://archive.eclipse.org/technology/epp/downloads/release/

Note that earlier this year we already removed many of the pages (like https://www.eclipse.org/photon - archive link) in Issue 10

Is there any objection to this? I am pretty confident about doing it, but wanted to sanity check with the rest of you first.

Fine with me.

Thanks
Jonah

~~~