Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Notes from today's meeting ... and a request to those not there ...

> "The plans should be updated every milestone"
>
> This is a bit excessive I think. I know in the Eclipse TLP we only
> do 3-4 plan updates during the year. I would suggest just writing
> "The plans should be updated periodically as things change, or as
> items are completed. "

Sure. I think that is exactly what we intended. We can go with your wording.

> "See Platform 3.4 Endgame plan as a guideline. "
>

> This link is broken. Here is a working link (3.5 endgame): http://

www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/freeze_plan_3.5.php

thanks for the link.

> "drafts of the Projects IP Logs must be available every milestone "
>
> Where would such drafts be made available? For projects using the
> automatic IP log, a draft can be auto-generated at any time and are
> therefore always "available". Is the intent to produce a static copy
> of the IP log at each milestone starting in M5, and making that
> available on the project home page for example? I recall producing a
> static copy of the automatic log was somewhat painful but maybe with
> Wayne's updated IP log tool this will be eaiser?

Many unknowns for us to decide, but my thought was to have a field
for a url in the reporting application. And, yes, we need to make
sure the process is easy.

Thanks

Apologies again for missing the call this week. I have re-read all the documents and will add my +1 for the sake of completeness. I think I've given feedback on the requirements a couple of times already, but on re-reading this week I noticed a few minor issues that could be clarified/corrected:

[...]

John

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/02/2009 05:04 PM

Please respond to
"eclipse.org-planning-council"        <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse.org-planning-council] Notes from today's meeting ... and a        request to those not there ...

I've updated our notes from todays call:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/December_02_2009

Let us know if inaccuracies or omissions.

For those of you had to drop off early (Oisin, Cedric) or did not attend the call (Wayne, John, Chris, Anthony, and Christian), I would appreciate you documenting here to the mailing list your approval (or not) of our plan and requirements documents. While we had a unanimous agreement of those present, and that would be a majority (10 of 16) it is good form to document more agreement than a simple majority. Plus, it is my way of not letting you off the hook for not attending the meeting. :)

I have update the main planning document in some minor ways as discussed,

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Helios_Simultaneous_Release

most notably pulling the participating projects table into its own page

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Helios/Participating_Projects

and did some simple edits to requirements document

http://www.eclipse.org/helios/planning/EclipseSimultaneousRelease.php

I'll announce these documents to Cross Project list on Thursday.

Thanks very much for your help with the Simultaneous Release!