[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[eclipse.org-planning-council] Roadmap Process
- From: Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:58:14 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (Macintosh/20080421)
As project leaders, I'm sure you're aware that the Eclipse Board of
Directors requires us to put together a Roadmap each year. The process
and the deadlines that the Board has set for us are:
1. By *September 30th, 2008*, all projects will have public project
plans in the standardized project plan format (see
2. The PMCs will review these plans during the month of October 2008.
3. The PMCs will deliver these plans to the Planning Council at the
end of October and the Planning Council will meet during the month
of November (either physically or virtually) to write the planning
section of the Roadmap.
4. The Planning and Requirements Councils will deliver the complete
Roadmap document to the Board of Directors at the end of November
for the Board's consideration and approval during a plenary
Council+Board meeting in December.
So, the key message here is that you (and I, because I'm a project lead
too, thus really "we") have to complete our project plans, in the
specified format, using the project meta-data and everything, by
September 30th. My calendar shows that we have 67 calendar days and 47
work-week-days (modulo various holidays) to complete our project plans.