Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Notes from test installs of Europa RC0 (part 1)

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:

   1. Buckmister - Subversion support required
      org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core which the update manager
      does not find in the Europa distro.

Is there a requirement that all features need to be self-contained within the Europa release? I.e. is it not allowed for a project to have dependencies to external bundles? I can see no such requirement listed on the wiki page. We will not be able to deliver subversion support if that's the case since there's no IP-approval for the underlying svn client libraries.

I was under the impression that it was OK to reference external bundles as long as no GPL licensing were involved.

Then again, perhaps I read too much into this? After all, you do say these are just notes.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top