|Eclipse Marketing Call Minutes from Oct. 23|
Eclipse Marketing Call Minutes
October 23, 2007 at 12:00 pm EST
Next Call: November 6, 2007 at 12:00 pm EST
Dial 1-866-362-7064 or +1 613-287-8000
Pass code 880932
Attended: Han Dong (
FOUNDATION UPDATES (see below for information that was given on each event):
2. EclipseCon – call for submissions and sponsorship
MAXIMIZING BENEFITS OF ECLIPSE WEB PROPERTIES
Guest Speaker: Donald Smith, Director of Ecosystem Development with the Eclipse Foundation
1. Eclipse Democamps
Austin, Beijing, Budapest, Chicago, Karlsruhe, London, Munich, New York, Ottawa, Palo Alto, Portland, Sofia, Stuttgart, Toronto, Vancouver
Nov. 1-Dec. 14, 2007
Eclipse DemoCamps will take place around the world during November and December. They are an opportunity to showcase all of the cool, interesting technology being built by the Eclipse community. It is also an opportunity for Eclipse enthusiasts to meet other local enthusiasts.
1) Organize a DemoCamp in your city – see details at http://www.eclipse.org/community/democamp/organizedemocamp.php
2) Demo your Eclipse technology - sign up for your local DemoCamp at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamp
3) Attend a DemoCamp – register your name for your local DemoCamp at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamp
2. EclipseCon 2008
Mar. 17-20, 2008
EclipseCon is the Foundation’s premier technical and user conference focusing on the power of the Eclipse platform.
1) Submit a talk for EclipseCon by Nov. 19. Of particular interest to marketing folk is the business category. The business category is looking for long talks, short talks and panel submissions related to doing business with Open Source. Both practical and academic experiences are welcome. Topics can include things such as business models (making money with open source), legal issues and marketing experiences. Information on the EclipseCon call for participation is at http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/index.php?page=submissions/.
2) Gold, silver and bronze sponsor packages are available for EclipseCon. See http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/index.php?page=sponsorship/ for details on sponsorship opportunities. Note that gold level sponsors have an add-on option for Developer Day – a dedicated long-talk track for an entire day (6 long talks of your choice, relevant to Eclipse).
Nov. 6-8, 2007
1) Attend the Eclipse Foundation “Meet the Projects” Party on Nov. 7, 8:00-10:00 pm. Eclipse project leaders and committers will be on hand to demo their projects and answer your questions. Come early to chat and network with some of the leaders of the Eclipse projects. RSVP to attend and reserve a shirt by emailing eclipse-world-party@xxxxxxxxxxx.
Marketing Events Manager
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
Back to the top