[eclipse.org-committers] Gerrit + Bugzilla deprecation plan

Greetings everyone,

You may have heard our intentions of migrating Eclipse projects towards GitHub or the EF-hosted GitLab, and deprecating Gerrit + Bugzilla.

As many projects have been migrating organically over the last few years, and as new (to us) projects mostly originate from GitHub, we've been avoiding making a formal deprecation plan, to allow projects to move at their own pace without stress. This may have caused uncertainty towards the future of Gerrit + Bugzilla, so we've elaborated a migration and deprecation plan that spans a couple of years.

We know migrations are always painful. We want to make this migration as simple and as painless as possible for you. We are soliciting your input on this plan.

The plan:

https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Gerrit/Gerrit-and-Bugzilla-deprecation-and-migration-plan

Your input can go here:

https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/678

Thank you for your understanding. We're here to help. If you have questions about your project's migration, or about the migration in general, you can open an issue in EF HelpDesk, and/or check out the GitLab migration doc (it is similar in nature to GitHub migration).

Eclipse Foundation HelpDesk:

https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues

GitLab Migration FAQ:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Gitlab

--

Denis Roy

Director, IT Services | Eclipse Foundation

Twitter: @droy_eclipse

Back to the top