(Bugzilla) system is self-serving when resource constraints are at play,
but does nothing to attract new talent that does not want to use those
systems, thus exacerbating or perpetuating the resource constraint.

On 2020-12-18 2:52 a.m., Mickael Istria wrote:

> Thanks for rationalizing the infra with the goal of serving all of us
> better. It's a good thing overall.
> My only concern is about Bugzilla: concretely, despite its austere
> appearance, it seems to be the only trackers of all the ones available
> at the Foundation which has a semantic capability to mark issues as
> dependencies with the depends on/blocks flags.

Yes, GitLab supports issue dependency, even across repositories /
projects. See this as an example, where GitLab issue #1 is blocked by
Technology/Dash issue #146

https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/gitlab/-/issues/6

On 2020-12-18 9:23 a.m., Christian Pontesegger wrote:

> It would be great if the move in infrastructure would be accompanied by
> howtos and some guidance for both developers and users.
>
> Lots of the core/platform projects are still based on
> gerrit/bugzilla/mediawiki. It would help to have some lighthouse
> projects moving and documenting in detail what to keep an eye on. This
> will help us all to move swiftly.

That is the goal; we've had a few early adopters migrate (from GitHub
and from BZ/Gerrit) and we're all taking notes. We do rely on the
community's willingness to share their own experiences with the
migration, however.

I've been maintaining the Gitlab Wiki page as I get questions and/or
concerns ( https://wiki.eclipse.org/Gitlab )  and the Releng team
maintains the CBI page. So far, we have not had any feedback on CBI
related to GitLab. https://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI

As a note, both of those pages will need to migrate over to GitLab wiki
at some point.

Many thanks,

Denis

Back to the top