Re: [eclipse.org-committers] Action required: download.eclipse.org mirror size

I'll answer Nick's questions, as they are good general info:

On 2020-04-13 11:56 a.m., Nick Boldt wrote:
What's the retention policy for ancient simrel releases?

https://download.eclipse.org/oomph/archive/eclipse/releases/index.html contains 106G of data including lots of stuff that's more than 3yo. Could those simply be purged, or is the policy to move to archives (where we don't care about disk?)

Simrel (and EPP) should follow the same guidelines, and I believe they are looking into it.

BTW -- we do care about disk space on archive.eclipse.org :) we still have to maintain backups and redundancy etc.

I'm asking because I can move WTP releases from downloads to archives but that will only save at best 12G, plus another 9G for the ancient patches. But if there's over 430GB of disk used in the big projects, that'll barely move the needle. :D

10G saved, multiplied by 300 projects = 3 TB

Every little thing counts.

Thanks

Nick